Code of Conduct
ARC Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our helpdesk.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
• Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
• Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
• Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
• There is a potential that anything you post could be distributed over the internet. Consequently, do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
• Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
• Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
• Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
• All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
• Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
• State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
• Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
• Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
• Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
• Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
• Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Visiting Angels for general information purposes. While we hope that you will find the information on this site to be useful, this information is not a substitute for experienced legal, accounting, financial or business advice. You should not rely upon any of the information posted on this site without first consulting with your attorney, accountant or business adviser, as applicable.
THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. VISITING ANGELS AND LIVING ASSISTANCE SERVICES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE INFORMATION POSTED HEREIN, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGMENT, WHETHER SUCH INFORMATION IS POSTED BY VISITING ANGELS OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU ASSUME COMPLETE RESPONSBILITY AND RISK FOR THE USE OF THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE, AND VISTING ANGELS AND LIVING ASSISTANCE SERVICES DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARY AS A DIRECT OR INDIRECT CONSEQUENCE OF THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION POSTED HEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONESQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND/OR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST VISITING ANGELS OR LIVING ASSISTANCE SERVICES, INC. IN CONNECTION SUCH USE. FURTHER, NEITHER VISITING ANGELS NOR LIVING ASSISTANCE SERVICVES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OPINIONS AND INFORMATION THAT ARE POSTED ON THIS SITE BY OTHERS.
This site also contains links to third party websites. These links are not part of the Visiting Angels ARC. For this reason, Visiting Angels and Living Assistance Services do not make representations or warranties regarding any such third party websites. These third party websites may have rules and policies that differ from the rules and policies of this site. You should review the rules and policies of all third party websites before you use those sites. Visiting Angels and Living Assistance Services are not responsible for any losses or damages that arise from your use of information that is contained on posted on a third party website.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Visiting Angels and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Your use of this site must comply with all applicable laws. Further, by using this site, you agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless Visiting Angels and Living Assistance Services from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities or obligations that arise or result from your use of the site.
Visiting Angels does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Visiting Angels we will take all appropriate action.
Visiting Angels reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.